UOT signs an MOU with ICSI!
The University of technology is pleased to report you all that an MOU is signed between our university and the Institute of company secretaries of India (ICSI).
It focuses on imparting the best quality education to students by providing a number of schemes towards learning, development, academics, and professionalism of both students and faculties.
The MoU signing event witnessed dignitaries from both the institutions. Secretary ICSI, CS Suresh Pandey; CS Nitin Hotchandani; CS Kamit Jain, and CS Anand Arya adorned the event from ICSI. On the other hand, notable personalities from the University of Technology included Chairman Mr. Anshu Surana and research dean Dr.Ankit Gandhi.
SCHEMES UNDER ICSI:
ICSI Signature Award-
Selected toppers will be awarded ICSI signature Award Gold Medal & Merit Certificates to inspire and motivate the students.
ICSI Empanelment of Faculties/Trainers-
Various training programs, seminars, classroom teaching, workshops, and ToT ( Training of trainers) will be practiced by mentors for better academic and professional pursuits.
ICSI has more than 200 publications in various areas including Company Law, Capital Market, and Corporate governance. It will provide its publication to UOT to be used in the library reading room.
Seminars and Workshops-
More than 500 seminars and workshops will be conducted by ICSI. This process aims at updating of knowledge and skills in various academic areas of student.
Faculty Development Programmes-
This program will help faculties in updating their knowledge, development of requisite skills, research acumen and to meet with academic and professionalism requirements.
Appointed counselors will conduct a Career Awareness Program in order to create awareness about the CS course across India, where ICSI Regional Councils and chapters are not located.
ICSI Study Centre Scheme-
Co-ordinators are appointed from commerce/ management/ law faculties, which aims at clarifying the queries of the students at the university premises itself.
Research & Ph.D Program-
UOT can pursue research on various topics pertaining to cooperate governance, Law, and Management to create contemporary knowledge in the relevant fields.
BENEFITS OF COLLABORATION
The ICSI’s Vision is to be a global leader in promoting good corporate governance and it aims at developing high calibre Professionals facilitating good corporate governance.
Below mentioned are the perks of being associated with a renowned institution.
◦ ICSI has the knowledge base that helps in reviewing the contents, syllabus, Study material of various subjects such as commerce, Corporate Governance, Law management, Economics, etc.
◦ Fellow members of ICSI can be engaged as guest/visiting faculties in relevant subjects.
◦ The companies and firms of practicing company secretaries who are currently impaneled for imparting training can engage trainees from universities for offering Apprenticeship/ internship.
◦ Under national award for teachers, and initiative of the institute, nominations are invited for members with renowned institutes From the domain of management, law, commerce, etc. From time to time.
◦ Based on practical knowledge, domain expertise and industry experience, the fellow members of the ICSI can be nominated as members of the Board of studies or other academic committees/governing bodies of the universities/institutions.
We are happy to be associated with an institution like ICSI.